"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Monday, December 19, 2005

It's a go!

Today the doc decided that my father in law should go for that angiogram thingie tomorrow to "see inside his heart" what needs/can be fixed and what needs medication. He says that there will not be a "perfect" solution due to his age and wanted to "add years" to his life!

Translated, i guess it means no major surgery. After all, he's 84. The angiogram is something that involves putting some scope thru an artery to see into the heart. If there are blockages, they can put in something called a stent and inflate it so that the collapsed or rosak artery in the heart can be "opened" or what la...

As with all procedures, there are risks involved, so the doc had been holding on to doing this till my father in law was stronger... I pray that the doc will be able to do all that is necessary to "fix" the rosak arteries.

This is the layman's understanding of things..

I spent last night at the hospital to accompany old man. He is such a restless sleeper! I had already been warned that the hospital chair was not comfy by my dearest so I was mentally prepared for discomfort throughout the night but Praise God, I was able to sleep a bit... I did feel a bit off in the afternoon so had an extra snooze at home and now feel much better!

No comments: