"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

What i learnt last week...

Last week was a super chialat week for me. Why? I had much on my plate and a sedentary life is what I love!

So, what happened?

  1. my aunt (dad's sister-in-law no. 2) passed away at the age of 83. she had accepted Christ and refused to let her daughters tell her eldest son that she became a Christian and thus was buried in the usual chinese way...
  2. i actually am stronger than i think!
  3. i am attending a "refresher" course in prayer ministering with aunty nancy.
And, what did I learn during this week? I learnt some important LAWS which is the basis of the prayer ministering class that I am attending...
  • we need to honor our father and mother (Deut 5:16). Hey! is that supposed to be earth shaking, mountain moving info, you might ask? Well, we may know the verse but do we DO the verse in our day to day?
  • judge not lest you be judged (Matt 7:1-2). Take time to read and meditate on these verses cos God is serious about it!
  • whatever a man sows, this he will also reap (Gal 6:7-8). Law of harvest?
  • for in that you judge another, you condemn yourself! (Romans 2:1) - when we judge someone for a particular sin, we condemn ourselves to blindly continue in the same sins! Wow! heavy and controversial!
I plan to regurgitate some of these things i have heard on my blog so that i can re-look at my thoughts and stuff that pass through my brain so that it'll help me...

Will continue soon....

No comments: