"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Sunday, January 14, 2007

The loves in my life...

I have so many people in my life whom I love and who love me. I feel so richly blest. See, such statements don't begin to express what I feel. I find that of late, my vocabulary seems limited and simply is not able to convey my thoughts nor express my feelings accurately. It is quite frustrating.

I was just thinking of the many loves of my life, and by that I mean people whom I love and it made me feel that my life is indeed very full. Do they love me back? I guess most do.

As I place them one by one before God in my mind, I can feel some of their struggles, sadness, worries, fears, concern... it is as though I know their heart but can't read their minds. I wonder why that is.

I see some unhappy ones and my heart goes out to them. I wonder at times when they will find release. I want to awaken some others to see who they really are in Christ. I pray for the salvation of many loved ones and loved ones of my loved ones. Still others, I pray for the Lord to give me patience to love them even more. Then, there are those whom I thank the Lord for as they are my source of encouragement and inspiration. My heart also want to reach those who are afraid, oh so afraid to be alone... they just don't realise that they aren't.

The Lord loves me and those whom I love, so much more than I could or even think and imagine. It makes me feel rather shallow for writing this down. So, why did I even write this down? I want to remember the ones whom I love. I want to celebrate them. I pray I can show them the love better than I can write.

Another one for my to-do list?

No comments: