"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Thursday, June 05, 2008

My take on encouragement...

Here're some of my thoughts on encouragement:-

  1. I am greatly encouraged when I hear accounts of souls being brought into the Kingdom.
  2. I am encouraged when testimonies of healing, overcoming obstacles, life circumstances are shared.
  3. Encouragement is also found when people make mention of a certain occasion, a word, a song or a verse that was shared and it has in some way helped them through a particular time or situation.
  4. It isn't easy to encourage people. God's help is usually required.
  5. It is hard to encourage someone who doesn't want to accept what we say. Usually, these ones are negative about most things at that particular time. It is important to encourage nonetheless.
  6. We can encourage without speaking.
  7. It's sad when people think that we encourage because we have to, are obliged to. It's important to encourage despite what people think.
  8. Not giving up on something can encourage others.
  9. Don't give up encouraging people even if people don't seem to appreciate it.
  10. Don't bother to encourage anyone if we are not sincere.
  11. Encouragement is like a bouquet of sweet-smelling everlasting flowers that we present to someone.
  12. I've been discouraged when my encouragement was not received...
  13. I've been encouraged when what I have done or said has encouraged someone. It works both ways.

No comments: