"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I will never be (the same again)

Recently, a "revival" song has been repeatedly coming into my mind I will never be (the same again)

It's actually a song that spells out a commitment that we believers ought to experience and be continually experiencing, yet sometimes we live as though nothing happened when we received Christ into our hearts..

So, my prayer during this 40 day fast and prayer for myself is to live out my own life as I ought to, in full consciousness of what Jesus Christ has done for me.

Easier said than done for a self-professed independent. Lord, I ask for Your help to change, change, change to be more like You, rely, rely, rely on You for all my needs. Lord, may I be pliable in Your hands, teachable, listen more, talk less. Amen.

No comments: