"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Monday, March 07, 2005

Why is influence important?

My thoughts keep running to the question of "influence" and its importance.

I have not been able to accept some of my own arguments for it and thus within my own mind am at a stalemate. This is terrible for someone like me who likes to classify EVERYTHING and put them into their rightful places in my head. The drawer remains open...

Have been feeling much better this past week. The school hols are this week end and SPM results will be out soon too! Josh will have his music theory exams this Saturday as well.

Also I want to STOP using the word "busy" to describe time I spend. A friend told me that using this word as a reason for not doing something/seeing someone, is like saying that the other person isn't important enough for me to find time to see/talk/meet, etc.... It sounded so terrible when I first heard her say that.

When I thought about it a little more. to my horror, I came to realise that there was more than an ounce of truth in it! If someone says, "Oh, I am sorry I couldn't see you as I've been busy..." perhaps it can AT TIMES mean that we are not a priority in that person's life... Realising this, I shall try my level best to avoid using that word and also making sure that I show people more respect and consideration.

Hope to spend a little more time with Mummy dearest this week! She's just back from her Melbourne/Sydney/Adelaide holidays with my sis and think I should go be with her some this week.... missed her lar...


2 comments:

sonia said...

Hi hi! =)
just wanted to say hi.

It's true. The word "Busy" can become an excuse. But then, I'm also lazy lar... =((

sonia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.