"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

More losses...

Ying Shien, our very young sister from Puchong Church has passed away from complications from a newly discovered bout of leukemia.

It is very hard for me to accept losing a 15 year old and I can't even begin to imagine what her family members are going through..

I didn't know her but she's Wee Ric's sister and I know him from youth camp 2 years ago. He is returning from Russia even as I write and does not know that his sister has passed away... so so sad. It is strange that although I didn't know her personally, I cried much. I can't explain it. Perhaps because she was close to Nancy's heart or that she was so young or that she was a youth or I am a mother.

This journey is I think, one of the hardest to bear for Puchong church especially. I was at the wake service and her dad was thanking the LORD for the 15 years that he had with her... Pastor Richard described it as a tug-of-war we had with God for Ying Shien and we lost... In a way, I feel the same, i guess..

I myself have been struggling with the thought of losing her the past weeks although the end was imminent only a couple of days ago... They only knew about the cancer 3 weeks ago and I never expected her to leave us so soon. Right or wrong, I just talked at God and continued to ask Him to heal her. I refused to give up till she drew her last breath. I wanted the LORD to prolong her life.. For a person who longed to hear God's voice, I stooped to not wanting to hear what God had to say but merely wanted to tell Him what I wanted Him to do!

Well, that is all i have energy to say about this for now.. I love you LORD. I just wish Ying Shien was alive and well again!

No comments: