"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Some not-so-random thoughts...

1. Me? An agent of change? How can I be an effective agent of change in my church? Should I speak my mind? Do I start telling people what to do? Pray harder? Complain more?

2. Being an aunty isn't always fun! I am known as a policeman in church and personally, I don't like it one bit... but then again, would it serve God's purpose if I am the policeman?

3. Murmuring aka complaining aka ngam cham should be more controlled... on my part.

4. Defining my role. So what is it I do in and for church? Should there be a definitive role that I play? What difference would it make? Is it better to define my role? Can it be put into a neat compartment?

5. Mentoring. Who am I raising? Who am I bringing down by my actions or inactions?

6. What can I do in lives of those who don't love me? Who can those who need someone go to for a shoulder to cry on or a waiting ear? Can and should I be all things to all people? I can't so what happens to the others? I still care but I feel helpless.

7. Living a life pleasing to God. I don't please God when I murmur and complain and yet I do. I do feel relief after I share it with those who love me and bother about what I have to say. They bless me.

No comments: