"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Random ramblings..

I am out of words these days.. sorta a quiet season for me. I am happy. I am contented. There are things to do. There are things to plan and prepare for. There is peace in my heart too. I relish this peace I have.

My fingers, they ache occasionally and today it sorta froze (much like a cramp) when I carried something that were too heavy or "wrongly" in one hand. It was a sharp pain, followed by inability to manipulate my middle finger. I guess I was just too fast for my own hand..

It was rainy too. I got caught in the rain whilst at my regular hypermarket. It was also raining when I dropped off stuff at my sister's. It was drizzling when I got to mum's place too. It was good to down a hot cuppa while I was there.

I am also catching up with some shows I got some time ago. The Raya holidays got me started on them. I should be done these next few days. I like to catch some telly before I retire for the night.

I made "Buttered Cereal Prawns" tonight for the first time. It would have been tastier if my prawns were more crispy. I know what to do next time.

We got Joel his first ever Uno Cards (H2O type) on Sunday at ToysRUs. It's some cool transparent plastic cards. I like them too. They were double the price of the normal Uno Cards but I hope they are hardier..

I passed Joshua, The Screwtape Letters to read since he enjoyed C S Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia but he said that he found it disturbing and didn't want to continue to read them. I let him be. I haven't read it myself so I suppose I ought to read it first then. Thing is, I am not so into fiction these days. I can't believe I said that but yes, I have not read any fiction for about a year already.. No wait, I read Pilgrim's Progress about 4-5 months ago.. I guess that counts as fiction..

The mornings are starting earlier and the evenings are growing darker earlier too. As I went to get Josh today after school, it was almost dark at 7pm. It surprised me but I guess it shouldn't, it being December and all..

I am going to finish yet another movie...

1 comment:

shayne said...

hiii =P

i'm procrastinating on studying. mmhmm. xD glad to hear Tessa's doing better. and I HAVEN'T BEEN READING ANY FICTION EITHER!!! T_T it's sad, okay...lol

exams start next friday. sigh.

<33