"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Monday, August 28, 2006

The Atlas Syndrome...

Something I coined up to describe my great weakness...

Something I have been trying to avoid yet find so attracted to...

Something my heart says I should do...

Something that makes me feel alive and yet like dying, both at the same time...

Something the Bible repeated says not to do...

Something I fail repeatedly to see and acknowledge as sin...

As my Joel so rightly put as we sang "All things are possible" in church yesterday.. He said, "But mummy, nothing is possible except with God, trying to decipher why we were singing this chorus repeatedly without adding to it the words, "with God"!"

Lord, help me stop trying to be Atlas and allow you to work in and through me instead!

2 comments:

The Wanderer said...

Also know as the Messiah Syndrome.

Anonymous said...

kids see things that we older kids miss ;)