"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Some pre-birthday reflections..

1. Being a christian simply means that I have a relationship with God. I am a Christian.

2. My worthiness is not measured by my usefulness in God's Kingdom. I struggle with the idea that I am unworthy to receive from the Lord. Yet, through Christ I am made worthy.. This equation still boggles my mind.. it isn't easy for me to accept even though it is true. I am one who likes to be doing rather than be being.. I'd like to think that I am driven, although some may feel that I drive them up the wall! *tongue in cheek*

3. Quote from a good friend named Mary T Lee...."Number (one's age) is only a figure. The bigger the number, the more blessings we've received!" I think this is true.

4. I am really not big on birthdays. I'd like a quiet birthday. It's just nice to get a holiday every year and for that I am truly thankful! This year, I received a nice digital camera from my dearest of dears! Let's see if my photo taking efforts will improve!

5. I am still very much in love with my dearest of dears.... more so than ever before! It's a most wonderful feeling and reflection!

3 comments:

Rachel Chew said...

hmm... quiet birthday....
hahaa. sorry we didn't give you that! :P
-rach

Charis said...

Yeah, I read about the quiet birthday part just as we were smack in the middle of planning it.. haha... It was great fun, wasn't it?? Admit it, you love us for it! And we love you!

Dissociated Mind said...

Lucky for you, I didn't even read it until after the event. MUahahA...

Hey, that's a really cool present he gave you! I hope to get one too eventually. In fact, I dreamt I had one last night... *sigh*