"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Friday, March 09, 2007

Silly, athletic me!

As I have been telling some of my church clan, have been having this something playing in my mind since Sunday Worship whilst His Love was being sung. It was a picture, scene, recording, imagination, vision what-cha-ma-call-it of me dancing, leaping, doing all sorts of things that I in my current state would not be able to do! I believe that it meant pure joy in my spirit but it makes me feel like I really wanna leap, dance, do cartwheels and whatever as we sing unto God!

I was smiling as I told God that I'd be able to do all that in heaven! It was a good feeling indeed, to even imagine that I could worship the Lord this way... Maybe, just maybe, the Lord was telling me that THAT was what my spirit was actually doing in worship to Him???? Ok, it's just a thought...

I had always been conscious of my appearance. I used to be laughed at and teased by my sisters and they dubbed me "vain pot" many a time. There is no real point to make here but just to tell a story as I remembered it. I was allergic to something in some fruits like mangoes, rambutans. Perhaps it was the insecticide, fertilizer whatever but it made my upper lip swell up beautifully!This condition would last like a day or less but it caused great distress to the owner of the upper lip! (Basically it was an Anita Sarawak or Donna Summer look, only worse!) I would just cry and cry and cry some more when it happened and lock myself in my room and simply refuse to come out. I refused school at least once which got my sisters all angry with me (not to mention my mom!) and they'd ask that I show them my face and would gently remind me that the more I cried, the worse the swelling would be and that it would prolong the condition as well! Guess what that made me do? .... cry some more la!

Well, thankfully for the vain pot, this phenomenon left and has not returned since. I wonder if stopping to bite open rambutans or washing fruit before eating it had anything to do with it???


No comments: