"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Too much, too deep, too soon?

Why do you remain silent?
I feel like an accused,
And yet I do not know what of.
I'd really like to explain,
But I don't even know my crime.

Have I hurt you?
Have I lied?
Can I be given the chance to confess?
Can I be given a "fair trial"?
Would you even let me say that I am sorry?
Do I even dare to ask that you forgive me?

How can I share my heart, my opinion, my confidences again?
I thought you understood, that you cared enough to confront me,
But now I only feel judged.
I thought I was somehow invincible,
But now I feel like I'm an untouchable!

For me, my greatest loss is.... you.
That person who loves without fear or favour.

No comments: