"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

happenstance?

I am very sad today about ...... my LIGHTS!!! It had died on me a second time after another electrician came to supposedly fix it!!! Now, I see no alternative except to return them to the shop! WAAAAAAH!

Why so much hoo hah about lights? Well, I have been looking for something nice eversince I moved into no. 47 and when I finally found it, it's defective! So so sad! I have to reinstall my flourescent tubes..... DOUBLE WAAAAAAH!

I think I must be getting to domesticated cos whenever things go wrong at home, I get quite stressed by it! talk about weird! after all, they are just lights and they are used to illuminate the room right? so it shouldn't be a biggie, yet, I actually feel sad...

A friend of mine concludes that things like this only happen to me! (Terrible curse, me thinks!) and other people can go about life with no such inconveniences, but me, she observes, had to end up with defective goods! Then I begin to wonder if indeed there is any truth in what she says. Am I such a "born loser?" (see what a defective light can do to me?)

Moral of the story according to pck, is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Perhaps, I should instead reflect more on the small mercies, gifts, joyful events, happy moments in my life? Maybe I should count my blessings instead of dwelling in my sorrows and dissappointments too often and too long!

So, I shall count mine now. I get a full refund for the lights!


1 comment:

Dissociated Mind said...

Saw ur lights... loved the way it looked. Actually feel very sorry that you couldn't get the thing to work.. I would've been just as upset if I were u.. Oh well...

Even if u hv a jinx with some things, u're definitely not a loser. To many of us, u're like one of the greatest persons we know.

We love you, and judge you not by ur lights (though they were so beautiful and elegant!).