"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Friday, September 01, 2006

Treasures from above...

I store up a smile, an understanding look into my memory,
I deposit a kind word, a song, a beautiful scene
be it one of nature or one between mother and child into my heart,
I reserve poems, hand-made cards, a gesture, a favour or even an opinion
given truthfully up within my consciousness,
All may be forgotten over time but would have already done
it's delicate and needed work to build my heart..

Last night, I received great treasures of more warmth, love,
hugs and encouragement than I could almost hold,
From those whom I love dearly and those I have yet to know well,
Given to me till overflowing, 'twas my cup of blessings
And as it runneth over, it keepeth my heart, oh so tender
and all the more convinced,
That my family, my real church is in the heart of those
who love through Christ (who made it a reality)
And that we do not labour in vain for Him and His purposes
as long as we stand together in His name!

In thankfulness and with great humility I receive your love,
oh Lord in the manner that you delivered it!
I am overcome by this treasure! You continue to surprise me.
Your love is truly inspiring!


.... and yes, it was anything but a quiet birthday!

1 comment:

The Wanderer said...

Glad you had a blast! Happy belated birthday!