"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Monday, May 10, 2010

God calls for obedience...

God calls for obedience and for us to live an obedient lifestyle:-

"Why do you call Me, "Lord, Lord," and don't do the things I say? I will show you what someone is like who come to Me, hears My words, and acts on them. He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. When the flood came, the river crashed against that house and couldn't shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears and does not act is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The river crashed against it, and immediately it collapsed. And the destruction of that house was great!"

Luke 6: 46-49

Lessons I learn today -

  1. ACT on what I have heard Him say
  2. Lay my foundation based on God's word
  3. Dig deep into His word
  4. It is not "if" but "when" the flood comes..
  5. God likes having obedient children

No comments: