"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Monday, May 03, 2010

Highs and Lows..

Saturday was a high for me. A wedding. Laughter, a tear or two, great joy to see such love grow and progress. A new chapter. New beginnings. Such anticipation! Congrats, MattChing!

Today was mixed for me. I received much from today's Sermon entitled "When we falter" by Henry. I thank God for it. Timely. Needful. Assuring. Most assuring. Tonight was a high too. Dinner was sumptuous, company good. In between though, I received very sad news. Someone whom I look up to, have utmost respect for, a wonderful, Godly, totally amazing woman had passed on.

She was an inspiring woman, fought the good fight against cancer one time too many. Never allowed her illness to dampen her spirit, her faith, nor her enthusiasm for life! I can only say that any person that has never met her, known her has lost the opportunity to know a truly beautiful woman.

Boon Kee was my ex-colleague (of sorts) and even after we had stopped working in the same organisation, had always been the one to initiate contact, enquire about my life, share Christ, testimony after testimony she would give to all who would just knock on her door.

She always had a smile and kind word for people, caring, sharing was her nature. Even as she battled illness, she continued to tell all the goodness of God. Even in her darkest moments, she spoke of how God was with her and showed her things.

A true inspiration, a loving mother and wife, a great friend to so many, my shining role model. You will be missed.

No comments: