"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I take back my words..

What happens when a relationship breaks down? I'm talking about a boy-girl relationship? I tell him today that I love him and I want to be with him forever. Then sometime down the road, er.. sorry I take it back. I don't love you anymore and I don't want to be with you anymore. er.. sorry.

So easy. Never mind that your kinda broke a promise. But you didn't say, "I promise" and even if you did, they should understand, cos after all, you're not married, right? And even if you were, so what? Divorce happens. er, sorry.

Words are so easily spoken. So easily taken back. They are free of charge but full of meaning. If it's someone important, their words seem like gold to us. It has great weight in our lives and propels us forward so far, and builds us like no physical foundation ever could.

I wish words could be said and not taken back. Then, people would be more careful in what they say.

See, I'm now actually considering whether I ought to take these words back.

No comments: