"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Monday, December 06, 2004

a dilemma...

Being right isn't always a good thing.... sometimes I hate being right. Why must I always be right? I must be insecure or what...

I like and I would like to tell people how to run their own lives and affairs because I am usually right. I only wish they'd heed my advice and save themselves much trouble of being wrong or doing things the wrong way or just plain being wrong.

Think I need more "I" in my personality in order to be more convincing. Since I am usually right about things, they should listen to ALL I have to say and simply follow it!

That would save me and them the hassle of coming back to me to say how wrong THEY were and how THEY should have listened to me to begin with... Poor me!

Ok... I have finished griping, for now.

Families are hard to handle. They do stuff you don't like or approve of and you are basically stuck with them, like it or not. You can't trade them, sell them, lose them or anything...

I love my family. I just wished that sometimes, just sometimes things were easier and they were more...... easy to live with, open to change. All my frustrations, my persuasions, my words, my anger even seems to be lost and things just resume its course. I wish I could change the world, make everything alright for everyone.

Think the LORD needs to deal with me, really. I need deliverance, I need counsel, I need His grace, His mercy and to exercise His love to others. Not to be judgmental to a point of being unloving, or to be so harsh even if it is the truth... Lord, to have Your patience!

I watched the incredibles today with the kids and fren. (met rach and rebecca too!) so one item off my to-do list of yesterday... my play narration is almost finalised too. But, i do have a couple of items to ADD to the list.... boo-hoo!

I shall try my level best to exercise God's love tomorrow. I hope that the LORD will remain with and in me throughout in order to achieve this. God knows I can't do it on my own.. I shall try to complain less also! Yes, now that I have written it down, I shall have to put in some effort!


No comments: