"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

to do or not to do, to say or not to say.... that is the question!

I have many WIP or work-in-progress items and am waiting for a suitable time and place and people to present it to...

1. worship workshop entitled "VOCALIST BASICS"
2. launch a women's character building mentoring system - RUTH ministry
3. a forum for and with youth, talking about values, entitled "Love... at what cost?"
4. new year resolutions... do we or do we not make them and why?

I am all geared up to go but wait, it is still year 2004!!! how leh? I am also looking for a platform to do some of this stuff but no place.... i think i am being too gung ho about this and probably will get kadush by many for some of the things i will share but they are from my heart and i believe that the LORD placed much of it there. The rest, i "improvised", "expanded", mayhaps?

I just hope that people do not mistake this for a personal attack of any sort as I intend to serve the LORD faithfully, "Without fear or favour" kinda thing and I fear the LORD more than anything else!!!!

I am also of two minds on whether to post my blog to all and sundry to view and comment. I think, when in doubt, "don't" is the best motto....

What bothers me much these days is the fact that ADULTS have yet to speak out or even share their views on BGRs blossoming in church. Most are reluctant cos we walk on eggshells most days......

I have much to share but no one actually asked me "how i think couples should conduct themselves in a relationship" so how to share? I feel sad as I think myself pretty liberal already.. guess not..

I am also at the crossroads of my ministry life and believe that the LORD is moving me into other areas of ministry and yet, i feel as tho He is ADDING instead!! I want to obey but but but ... "buts" fill my mind and questions on HOW to do it when i only have 2 hands and they are already full! In many ways, too, I feel that I have failed Him when I see the areas that are lacking in my current "portfolio"... heavy sigh....

The LORD is a wonderful comforter. He once again reminds me that I am simply to obey and not be rattled by the "what ifs" and the "hows" and the many criticism, comments and generally the slack I am receiving from all quarters... I hope that I shall be able to do so time and time again, both this year and the next... Be still and know that I am GOD!

I shall continue to wait for the God's time, God's place for things He has placed in my heart. I only hope I shall continue to FEAR HIM more and OBEY when the time comes....

***Without fear or favour***







1 comment:

Dissociated Mind said...

I like the idea of that RUTH ministry. And I agree that after all the sermons and seminars on BGR... it's time for a forum for the youth to actually discuss their views and maybe hear some from the adults. For a long time.. church has in some ways drilled into me subconsciously (and a few other ppl) that dating is WRONG *flashy neon lights blinking furiously*... I would love to sit in such a forum to hear what everyone else thinks.

Amazing that you hv that idea... It's been on my mind. :P