"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Sunday, December 12, 2004

yippee!~

I have been away from my pc for a few days now, thanks to my failed monitor which turned dark and finally bright pink/red on me! so thus, a new monitor is brought home from trusty Low Yat Plaza... yaay!

my new monitor is lovely to look at and even seems bigger (hallo! only 15 inches)! ok, it's complicated unlike the usual plug-ins but after making some adjustments to suit my failing eyesight's satisfaction, i am online...

the week passed by ever so quickly with my usual sibuk things to do. a notable event that i would like to make mention is the bible study course which I attended on friday-saturday. Teacher Wai Keng who I called Sister Siew Keng during prayer at the CLOSURE of the seminar (blek!) was a lady open to comments and change and was willing to listen to the students. She had not taught teens before but she was interested to know if she bored them or not... something i admire about her esp. was her willingness to accept criticism from those younger than herself.

She taught me (am no teen but was blessed anyways! :-P) to approach bible study with less fear. She armed me with a few seemingly simple steps and I now firmly believe that mere mortals can also conduct a bible study!

ok, so i am very un-confident as a teacher... many know that about me already... perhaps it is because i am a critical back bencher myself almost all my school life. padan muka lah!

but then, i think the church has come to a point where bible study is a MUST! we need to be saturated in God's Word and not be satisfied with some little verse, given either over the pulpit or whenever, to tide us over for a whole week!

I know, I know, there's our devotional time with God, but then, it's different from studying God's Word together as a small group, the together-ness in wanting to know God better, not the "I have to do this cos someone expects me to..." and finally, the joy of finding nuggets of truth therein and understanding how things got to be the way they were....

I am reminded of the song entitled, "Believe" which starts with, "I say on Sunday how much I want revival and then on Monday, I can't even find my Bible..... where's the power of the cross in my life...." and these words ring true as I too, am guilty of neglecting God's written Word. Forgive me, Father for this!

I have also been guilty of watering down God's Word and at times downplaying things for fear of "rocking the boat, causing strife, making unpopular decisions, being un-real, being out of date, being aunty-ish, etc." and as the fear of the LORD becomes more real in my life, I need to constantly remind myself that I must not compromise God's Word!

So what shall I do about it? What about His inexhaustible, unconditional, unfailing love? What of that? How shall I balance that with fear of the LORD?

sigh... shall save that fight for another day....


No comments: