"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

troubling thots....

Ever succumb to the temptation of comparing someone to someone else? I wonder if it is a sin to compare? Does anyone fall short of your glory?

How can I stop? It is disheartening to know that I do this and yet hate it when others do that to me! Woe is me!

Why do we compare? What drives us? Dissatisfaction? Why does one have to be better than the other? Why can't we be content with "different"?

I guess pleasing people.. or wait, acceptance, is the goal of the exercise. Why can't we be ourselves AND be pleasing? Why must I be conformed to another person's idea of right, or good or acceptable?

Can I accept someone else for who they are and yet still love them? ... really? I say I do but I have seen myself NOT doing it... Woe is me! LORD, do a work in me to change me to be more like you! May I show love to your children, all of them!

No comments: