"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Monday, January 24, 2005

xcuses, xcuses...

I am feeling like life is a series of tests that I have to undergo AND pass. I don't particularly like this feeling, the feeling that I have to prove things to others.

I had a relatively good day, but still feel that I have underachieved... I still have so much on my list of to-dos....

1. touch up paintwork in parts of the house indoors and outdoors
2. paint a small mural (outstanding for AGES!)
3. grocery shopping
4. cookie baking (min. 2 batches)
5. CNY spring cleaning
6. CNY shopping
7. collect registered letter from post office
8. see mum
9. fry keropok
10. buy some plants from Sg Buloh plus get quotation on rock garden concept for my little patch of garden.

ok, so you think some of these things are unnecessary.... even frivolous... I say my friends and I love keropok and cookies and I like to do stuff with my house. If I don't put it into my list, it'll likely never get done!

what I did achieve today was get new and hopefully better lighting for my home, the laundry and not much else... see what I mean about underachieve? My excuse.... it was simply too hot to venture outdoors plus kids had their activities... so ferrying them in and out 4 times was A LOT!


No comments: