"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty;

not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sounds like some old song...

As I was listening to this song, it struck/reminded me that we need to purposefully, intentionally, choose to praise God. Yes, we are told time and again that we ought to praise God in all circumstances and despite our feelings, but how many of us actually can or even try to do just that. And yes, I have been feeling less than grateful aka thankful to my Abba Father of late and as I listened to this song, I understand and appreciate the act of putting on the garment of praise all the better.

Garments Of Praise
Jamie Harvill

Put on the garments of praise
For the spirit of heaviness
Let the oil of gladness flow
Down from Your throne
Put on the garments of praise
For the spirit of heaviness
Your joy is my strength alone
My strength alone

Make these broken weary bones
Rise to dance again
Wet this dry and thirsty land
With a river
Lord our eyes are fixed on You
And we are waiting for Your garland
Of grace as we praise Your name

Hallelujah Sing hallelujah
We give all honor and praise
To Your name
Hallelujah Sing hallelujah
We trade our sorrows
For garments of praise

©1999 Integrity's Praise! Music
All rights reserved. International copyright secured.

No comments: